Songbird Station is seeking an amazing employee to join our workforce. Employee must be of a team building mindset, career dedicated, facilitating purchases, and providing customer service.
We are a locally family-owned wild bird, nature, and gift store located in Columbia, Missouri. We are proud of our company’s traditions, work ethic and mission statement. You can find our current mission statement during these times here and learn more about us at www.goldcrestdistributing.com and www.songbirdstation.com. We are fortunate to serve market segments that are strong and growing, even during these tough times.
We are currently looking to hire a part-time sales associate who will thrive in the specific duties and responsibilities of a Retail Sales Associate vary widely but include the following responsibilities:
• Serves customers by helping them select products.
• Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
• Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
• Responds to customers’ questions.
• Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
• Provides outstanding customer service.
• Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
• Assisting in maintaining the back stock room and setting up merchandise displays on the sales floor
• Manages financial transactions.
• Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
• Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
• Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
• Collaborating with fellow team members to keep the sales floor area clean and always organized.
• Ability to lift to 40 pounds.
• Familiarity with backyard birding
• Must work on Saturdays.
• 1 year + of sales experience.
If you are interested, please apply in store. If you have a resume, please include it with your application.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $16.00 per hour
• 8 hour shift
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location