Markers/Water Color Paint
- Cut the desired amount of parchment paper
- Trace all parts of the hummingbird onto the parchment paper. I used a pencil.
- Color each part with markers or watercolor paint.
- Cut each body part out.
- Glue the beak onto the head, then the head onto the body, then the wing, then the tail. The tail will be the only one to be glue underneath.
- Hang hummingbird in the window.
Hummingbird Suncatcher Template
Summer activity around the feeding station is like watching an animated movie. Adults fly down with their young for lessons in getting food and water, flitting from one antic juvenile to the next in a rapid-fire exhibition of maneuvers. Now you can experience the frenzy with your own bird. Using the diagrams and instructions below, turn a simple piece of paper into a complex pattern of folds for flapping.
Origami Flapping Bird Instructions